Sweet Herbed Shrimp
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (look for it in the Oriental section of the store)
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound large uncooked shrimp , peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3 cups hot, cooked rice
Combine the water, brown sugar, gingerroot, fish sauce, pepper and garlic in a large, skillet; stir well.
Place over high heat and cook 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
Add the shrimp , and cook for 3 minutes more or until shrimp is coral and cooked through.
Stir constantly while this is cooking.
Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and lime juice.
Serve over rice.